It may not have been publicized enough you guys, but Mad Men is back. Basically its 1966 and everyone is pretty much exactly where we left them. But 1966 is gonna be such a fun year for the ladies and we got so much foreshadowing going on in the season premiere we should call it fiveshadowing. (Please hold while I pat myself on the back).
Anyway, starting with everyone’s least favorite French Canadian Mary Tyler Moore-Megan.
So basically Megan sang a song to Don, and it was super embarassing. More embarassing than Roger wearing blackface and singing to the secretary he was sleeping with and then married. I’m worried that Mad Men is starting to portray some double standards y’all.
#1 predication for Megan—-accidental death, possibly suicide.
1. She works with her trophy husband every day, at a job she knows she doesn’t deserve and is not even sure she likes.
2.She’s a crash dieter. Just drinking black coffee for breakfast is clearly a call for help.
3. She stares longingly off the balcony.
4. Don couldn’t find her for an awkward 5 seconds right before they had crazy Jesse Spano on caffeine pills sex.
So Megan dies, adding widower to the martyr bucket Don hangs around his neck.
The opposite of Megan is Peggy. Hardworking Peggy. All Peggy does is work. And she needs everyone to know it.
So we shouldn’t be surprised if she flocks to any mild distraction
Predictions for Peggy
1. Peggy is gonna take the big jump. This douchenozzle is gonna propose to Ms. Peggy Olson, probably in the office to symbolize how cool he is with a working lady. She can support his writing career but when she offers him a job at the company he scoffs and refuses to sellout. Peggy then takes a look at the men of her past. Maybe Duck will make a comeback? She did cross his name off Megan’s invite list very dramatically, which just means how totally into him she is. Thats love 101.
2. This hepcat probably doesnt bother to ask her opinion on kids. He finds out the hardway that they wont be having tiny babies named Kerouac anytime soon.
Then there’s Joan. There isn’t enough to say about Joan. She’s like a sexy rulebook. But who knew she’d be a such a good mother. I was really picturing a Betty Draper redux, but it makes sense since she’s been mothering that whole office for years. She handles her baby’s secret biological father dripping cigarette ashes on him with unadulterated aplomb.
She doesn’t need a secret cry in the ladies room knowing that her son will be raised by the more convenient option. She needs a secret cry because she’s worried her job wont be where she left it. But dont worry, Lane is there to British it up.
Predictions for Joan’s future
1. She goes back to work a little too soon and leaks breast milk in front of someone really important.
2. She brings the baby to work, at first it’s distracting, then she says something like “There are three things I’m good at; one is running this office, two is being a mother and it would be highly inappropriate for me to do the third one here.”
Lets hope that all that Community buzz gives Alison Brie more screen time. Even though the costume department is clearly holding some sort of grudge against her.
She’s such an under used character. Her main reason for existing is to prove that Pete isn’t terrible.
Guesses for Trudi’s future
1. She gets super fat.
2. She wants a job.
Sally gets some sort of female role model in her life. Most likely Megan, who dies tragically leaving her all alone. But with eyes that will melt your soul.
Betty turns around at some point.